A message about how we’re supporting our customers during the Coronavirus
Personal Auto Customer Relief Refund
Fewer drivers are on the road, which means fewer accidents. With this in mind, we are announcing our Personal Auto Customer Relief Refund, which will return approximately $250 million to our customers. Here’s how it works:
- Personal auto insurance customers will receive a 15% refund on two months of their auto premium, based on your premium amount as of April 7, 2020.
- We are planning to issue the refund in the manner you made your most recent payment or by check.
- We will begin issuing refunds in the coming weeks, after we have approval from state insurance regulators.
- Your refund will happen automatically, and you do not need to call us to get your refund.
Please visit Safeco.com/covid-19 for the latest information. In the meantime, stay well and thank you for being a Safeco customer.
COVID-19: Stay-at-Home Auto Premium Credit Program
We know that many of our customers are doing their part to help stop the spread of COVID-19 by staying at home. That means many of them are driving fewer miles, resulting in a decrease in auto claims.
With that in mind, we have launched the Stay-at-Home Auto Premium Credit Program, which will automatically give U.S. personal auto insurance customers a 15% credit on their April and May premiums. It’s our way of supporting our customers, and we hope it helps ease some of the financial burden many are experiencing.
We will continue to assess the program as more information comes to light about the impact of the COVID-19 crisis on the driving environment and auto claims.
Introducing the Apron Relief Program
Subject to approval by state regulators, Progressive personal auto customers who have a policy in force as of April 30th will be credited 20% of their April premiums in May and personal auto customers with a policy in force as of May 31st will be credited 20% of their May premiums in June. We estimate that the sum of these two credits will total approximately $1 billion. Customers will not need to take any actions to receive the benefits. The credits will be applied automatically to the customers’ policy and those customers who have paid in full will receive a refund of the credited amounts.
- All payments are deferred to 5/15
- We are waiving late and NSF fees
- We are NOT processing non-payment cancels.
- We are allowing food delivery via our Personal Auto and Motorcycles
MetLife Auto Relief Credit
We understand you are likely driving fewer miles during this time, so for April and May, our MetLife Auto customers who are paid to date will receive a 15% credit based on their monthly premiums.
* Policies that are active and current on payment through April 30, 2020 will automatically qualify for the MetLife Auto Relief Credit for April, and policies that are active and current on payment through May 31, 2020 will automatically qualify for the MetLife Auto Relief Credit for May. No customer action is required to receive the credit. MetLife Auto & Home® will automatically apply the earned credit(s) to the next billing statement. Customers who have paid in full will receive a payment equivalent to the credit(s).
Payment & Billing Leniency
Through July 1, 2020, we will not cancel nor non-renew any active policies due to non-payment and will waive late payment fees. Of course, if your state has provided for a longer non-cancellation period, those guidelines will apply. We recognize the challenges of this situation and will do everything we can to assist in this time of need. If you have questions about your billing or payments, please contact us at 1-800-METLIFE, so that we may work with you. If you work with an independent agency, please call your agency for assistance.